Harihar Fort is a Nashik-born historic site located in Maharashtra. It’s a fantastic tourist attraction for anyone looking for an unhurried but enjoyable getaway in the middle of nature. This is why it is known to be one of the top places to go to in Maharashtra. From the summit at the top of Harihar fort, you’ll certainly get an incredible panoramic view of the gorgeous long hilltops that is Mother Nature. There are many other forts that are accessible near Nashik. While it is famous for its small size it is also a difficult trek. Harihar fort hike is extremely difficult.
Harihar Fort or Harihar Kila is located in the Trimbakeshwar Mountain Range. The fort was built in 13th century and the 14th century, and was built during The Yadava Dynasty. The fort, which is located in Maharashtra is of great significance in preventing trade routes which traverse Gonda Ghat. Gonda Ghat.
Prior to the time that the British Army was in charge of the fort, the Harihar Fort suffered repeated invasions and was taken over by numerous intruders due to a variety of reasons. The Harihar Fort was among the numerous forts that was part of Ahmadnagar Sultanate owned.
The fort that was previously mentioned is now solely a trekking location. To reach the fort you must climb up a few stairs cut out of rock. The trek begins in two villages: Harshewadi in the north and Nirgudpada.
The thing that is unique concerning Harihar Fort Trek is that it appears rectangular when viewed from the village’s base. It is actually situated on rocks in the form of an angular prism. The horizontal rock edges permit this fort’s past to stand out. Due to these steep steps, the hike is one of the most well-known within the Sahyadri Range.
Although it isn’t a lot even though it is a short trek, the journey from Harihar Fort or Harihar Killa is certainly not an easy one. A guide is on hand to guide you through the trek. These carved stairs comprise the final 200 feet on the journey and can be a nerve-wracking climb, with more than 200 stairs and an angle of 80 degrees elevation. The descent is thrilling due to the hard descent down and the 500 feet of drop in one spot. The staircase’s design appears to be diverse and stunning. The valley beneath can be seen with awe and awe.
Things to Remember
- It is not necessary to get permission from the tourism department or forest department to take part in Harihar Fort Trek. Harihar Fort Trek.
- Timings: Harihar Fort treks are scheduled between 12:30 PM and 2:00 AM.
- Two liters minimum of water, a first-aid kit along with glucose, as well as other personal care medications should be included in the kit.
- If you’re trekking during monsoon time wear cotton shirts. Instead wear t-shirts with quick drying.
- Have an active photo ID card.
- It is recommended to take some simple, easy-to-eat, high-calorie, dry food items. A small shop is accessible for drinks and snacks in the plateau after leaving the villages at the base.
- To trek during monsoon it is suggested to wear comfortable footwear and carry an additional set of socks and a raincoat and windcheater.
- Have a whistle on hand that can be useful in times of emergency.
- It is best to use an actual haversack rather than the slide bag or sling bag since it makes climbing easier and more comfortable for you.
- The public transportation services are not available until 3:00 p.m. to return trip back to Nashik and Trimbak as well as Trimbak.
- It is recommended to stay clear of this route for novices and those suffering from medical conditions. The second section that involves a hard climbing at high altitude can be quite challenging.
The Reasons to Visit Harihar Fort
Harihar Fort in Nashik
It is an ideal spot for anyone who wants to learn about the world of nature, history and the thrill of adventure. You can find out about the Yadava Dynasty and the other rulers from Maharashtra through the ruins of the fort. At simultaneously, you will take in the beauty of nature by hiking to the top of the hill. This trek is filled with excitement and thrills when compared with other treks.
The best time to go on Harihar Fort trek Harihar Fort trek
The ideal time to trek on Harihar to trek is between July and February. In this time you will be able to enjoy the stunning views of Harihar through Harihar Fort. Harihar fort. It is in the monsoon season that Sahyadris are the most appealing. The trails in the villages are covered with grass. The hilltop also gives an unobstructed view of the famous forts and peaks in the monsoon season’s rainfall.
The stunning Harihar Fort surrounds striking natural beauty that continues to attract hundreds of adventurers and thrill-seekers. Harihar Fort should be on your bucket list if enjoy history or are looking for an unforgettable experience. It is recommended to include it to the itinerary of your Maharashtra itinerary.